Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bathing Suit Shopping

Though I've never felt comfortable in a bikini, I will say I wish I had known what I had when I had it.  Since the birth of my son almost two years ago, my personal body image has rapidly gone downhill.  Although 3/4 of the year I can coverup most of my problem spots, it' s that time of year again that most of us dread- bathing suit season.  The toll of trying to balance being a full-time mommy, full-time wife and full-time teacher is evident as I gaze into the dressing room mirror braving myself for the ultimate battle of body versus clothing.  As I wrestle with the perfect storm of tight fabric, metal sensors and plastic tags of the tenth bathing suit, I decide in that instant that this shopping experience is more painful than childbirth.  I leave defeated with red claw marks on my back, hurt pride and the reality of having to go a size larger. 

1 comment:

  1. Katharine,
    Although this entry made me laugh, it also made me want to tell you that you are still gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete